Welcome to Adventure Academy™, which is owned and operated by Age of Learning, Inc. We are committed to providing children with a learning environment where every activity is just as fun as it is educational and where you can feel confident that your children’s privacy is protected.
Summary of Key Points
- We will never sell or rent the Personally Identifiable Information of any User (as defined below) of the Services to a third party, except as described in this policy in the context of a sale of the Company. Personally Identifiable Information, or PII, is defined in this policy as information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person or to identify an individual in context.
- During Account registration, the only information we may ask you to provide about a child who will be using the Services is the child’s first name (or nickname), birth month and year, and gender. We also will ask you to choose an Academic Difficulty Level for each child.
- We do not ask for certain sensitive PII such as social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, or biometric data. However, paying subscribers are asked for payment information when they subscribe. Please see Section 2 (Content You Submit) for more information about how we safeguard payment information.
- We use commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard all information collected by the Services.
- Adult Users (as defined below) may contact us, when applicable, at any time as described in Section 11 (Contact Us) to request that we provide for their review, or delete from our records, any PII they have provided about Child Users associated with their account, or to cease collecting PII from those Child Users. For information about when we automatically delete PII due to account cancellation or inactivity, please see Section 8 (Location of Information Processing).
Table of Contents
- Account Users
- Content You Submit
- How We Use Information
- When We Disclose Information to Third Parties
- How to Access, Change, or Delete Account Information
- Account Cancellation and Reactivation; Data Deletion
- Links to Other Services
- Location of Information Processing
- Contact Us
- Account Users
- Content You Submit
- Information Users Provide to Us
- Information We Collect from Users
- How We Use Information
Users of the Services include Child Users (any child under 18 who uses the Services) and Adult Users (including parents and legal guardians of Child Users), collectively referred to as Users.
As more fully set forth below, we and our third-party service providers collect information that Users provide when using the Services, including when Adult Users create an account, sign up for Services, or contact us with a question, comment, or request, and when Child Users use the interactive chat feature through the Services. However, we will only use or disclose this information in accordance with this policy and applicable law. Please see Section 4 (When We Disclose Information to Third Parties) below for more information and how we limit disclosure of Child User information.
Adult Users must register for an account on behalf of the Child User. Adult Users are asked to provide certain information about themselves when registering for an account, including first and last name, email address, and telephone number (which is optional). Payment information is also collected from Adult Users who purchase an account. For your security, we do not store your complete credit card number in our databases but retain only the first six digits and last four digits so that we can identify your account and respond to your requests and questions.
In addition, Adult Users can provide us with information through a separate password-protected section (i.e., the Parent Section) of the Services. This section, accessible via the Menu on the Character Select section of the Services, allows Adult Users to administer their Accounts, including when they add Child Users, provide testimonials, seek customer support, or submit comments or questions.
Children have the ability to create free-form artwork and participate in our chat feature through the Services, which is available zone-wide (available to all Child Users in a particular “zone” or area of the Services, such as the Academy or the Commons) or private (just between two different Child Users). We encourage you to use the Services with your Child Users and to view and monitor any content and chats created, uploaded, posted, or transmitted (as applicable) by them. Please be aware that zone-wide chat logs will not be saved to the account and therefore will not be available for your review. However, a Child User’s chat messages to another Child User in a private chat will be stored until that chat chain is deleted.
We and our third-party service providers collect information directly from Users of the Services in the form of the actions they take and activities (or quests) they complete when using the Services. For example, from Adult Users, we may collect information about patterns of usage and order history; from Child Users, we may collect information about patterns of usage, which activities a child commences and completes, when a child starts and stops an activity, which areas of the Services the child frequents, the number of questions answered correctly or incorrectly, how many virtual coins (Coins) the child earns, what virtual items the child selects to exchange for Coins or chooses to buy from, or sell to, other Users, and the child’s choice of Avatar and customization. From all Users, we may collect chat logs and information posted or transmitted through the interactive chat feature of the Services (as described below).
We and our third-party service providers also use a variety of technologies, such as cookies (small text files that the Services save on your computer or mobile device), to automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across different websites, including when you use the Services, such as your browser type, operating system, device type, the page served, your IP address, the approximate geographic region your computer or mobile device is located in, and the websites you visited prior to visiting the Services. When you download and use one of our Apps, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
We and our third-party service providers may use the information collected through these technical methods for a number of purposes, including delivering content, tracking and enhancing our Users’ experience on the Services, and delivering advertising to visitors to www.adventureacademy.com when they visit other websites and applications. For example, when you return to the Services after logging in, cookies help the Services recognize who you are without having to log back in. For more information, see Section 3 (How We Use Information). The information collected through these technical methods on the child-directed portions of the Services are used only to support the internal operations of the Services. We do not allow third-party advertising networks to collect information about Users who are logged in to their Accounts.
Child Users may be able to communicate directly with other Child Users through the interactive chat feature of the Services. We have three chat settings: Standard Chat, Quick Chat, and No Chat. We recommend that parents familiarize themselves with all of the safety features and parental controls available in the Settings area of the Services and accompany their Child Users when using the Services.
Standard Chat – Standard Chat is our default setting and allows the Child User to type free text into the chat, subject to our monitoring and filtering of message content for purposes of removing personally identifiable information, profanity, and age-inappropriate words and phrases.
Quick Chat – Quick Chat allows a Child User to see Standard Chat, but the Child User can only communicate using pre-selected messages.
No Chat – No Chat disables the chat features altogether so that Child Users cannot submit chat content, but they will be able to see the chat feed in the zone of the Services that they are in.
If a Child User participates in Standard Chat or Quick Chat, their Avatar names will be searchable by other Child Users who participate in those chat features.
Parents have the ability to change the chat settings at any time through the password-protected Parent Section. As stated above, we proactively filter all chats posted or transmitted through the system to remove references to full names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal data. Communications are also filtered for profanity, phishing, and adult or suggestive content. We do this to limit Child Users’ ability to communicate personally identifiable information, profanity, and age-inappropriate words and phrases through the chat feature.
As with any filtering technology we cannot guarantee 100 percent effectiveness. Therefore, Child Users who use these interactive features through the Services should never provide personal information about themselves or any third party and should not attempt to circumvent any of our content-filtering techniques. We also encourage you to supervise Child Users when they participate in such interactive activities through the Services. When participating in the chat feature of the Services by posting or transmitting messages (Chat Content), please be aware that the Users do so at their own risk and that Chat Content is being made available to and is accessible by the Company and other applicable Users. Users of Standard Chat or Quick Chat have no expectation of privacy in connection with the communications they post or transmit, and the Company is not responsible for whether or how such other Users utilize the information posted or transmitted through such features. However, if a User believes that another User has submitted inappropriate language or other content through the chat feature, that User can block the other User, as well as report the User to have their chat history reviewed by Company moderators. You can access the Block and Report features on any Child User’s Player Profile screen, which you can access by double-clicking that Child User’s Avatar.
Push Notifications and SMS. Additionally, if you downloaded the App on your mobile device to access the Services, as part of your use of the Services we may ask if you would like to receive push notifications, which may include alerts and notifications, badges, banners, and sounds on your mobile device. You may choose to stop receiving push notifications at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device. If you provide us with your mobile phone number, we may send you SMS text messages about your account, and we may also ask if you would like to receive SMS text messages. Please note that your carrier may charge you for the text messages you receive. To permanently stop receiving SMS text messages from us (if you are located in the U.S. or Canada) text STOP, CANCEL, or UNSUBSCRIBE in reply to any SMS text message sent by us.
Location Information: We may collect and store information about your location to provide you with educational experiences or email updates that are tailored for your region. The location information we have access to may include (1) your ZIP or postal code, if you provide one to us; and (2) the approximate geographic region your computer or mobile device is located in, as determined from your IP address. However, we do not collect your street name and the name of your city/town. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such IP information.
We will never sell or rent the PII of any User of the Services to a third party, except as described in this policy in the context of a sale of the Company. We and our third-party service providers may use the information collected from Users as follows below.
Adult User Information Information collected from Adult Users may be used:
- To permit you to register and use the Services, including, for example, to send you communications about Child User progress or your Account, or to allow you to provide Feedback through the Parent Section. For security purposes, the Parent Section is password protected.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, such as to process your payments, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, retrieve your password, or provide technical support.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. While it is never our intention to send any marketing messages to children, if you believe a Child User has received such a marketing communication, please contact us as described in Section 11 (Contact Us) below. You can always choose to stop receiving these marketing messages by simply following the instructions contained in the message or, if the communication is by phone, informing the caller of your desire not to receive further phone communications. For all Accounts, you may not opt out of receiving administrative messages from us regarding your Account, such as password reset emails and customer support messages.
- To deliver our advertising to you based on your visits to the non-child-directed portions of the
Services (such as www.adventureacademy.com) when you visit third-party websites and applications or via
postal mail. We will never use information collected in the child-directed portions of the Services for
targeted advertising purposes. We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals; however,
you may opt out of receiving online interest-based advertising from our interest-based advertising
providers by visiting
www.aboutads.info/choices. For more information about web browser “do not track” signals, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising to adults.
Child User Information Information collected from Child Users may be used:
- To measure a Child User’s performance in activities and to adapt a Child User’s learning experience to the Child User’s learning needs.
- To analyze, provide progress reports on, or provide an assessment of a Child User’s performance to the Adult User on the Account.
Both Adult and Child User Information Information collected from both Adult and Child Users may be used:
- To allow us to assess and improve the Services, its educational content, and other services we provide, for example, to improve our content and user experience; to research, evaluate, and improve the Services’ educational efficacy; and to inform our understanding of the Services’ user base.
- To customize, adapt, and personalize Users’ viewing and content-consumption experience, for example, by measuring a Child User’s performance in activities and adapting the Child User’s experience to his or her learning needs.
- To maintain and analyze the functioning of the Services.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to detect violations of and enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates, including the security of the Services; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain (collectively, (a)-(g) are Other Uses and Disclosures).
Information collected from both Adult and Child Users will not be disclosed except as follows:
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate as set forth above in Other Uses and Disclosures and in other instances substantially similar to those listed in this Section.
- Where legally required and in certain other cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
In addition, with respect to your Account, we may use third-party advertising networks to collect cookie information about Adult Users’ visits to the non-child-directed portions of the Services and to (1) deliver interest-based advertising to those Adult Users, including Company-branded advertising, when those Adult Users visit third-party websites; and (2) provide us with statistics about the effectiveness of our advertising on third-party websites. These third-party advertising networks may use this cookie information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We do not disclose the personally identifiable information of any Child User to third parties for any marketing or promotional purposes.
We also may disclose de-identified and/or aggregated User information for any other purpose as permissible by applicable law—for example, the distribution of de-identified User records to outside researchers or the distribution of reports containing aggregate User demographic and traffic patterns—provided that no individual Adult User or Child User or any specific end-user device can be readily identified.
An Adult User can review or change the information they provided when they registered for the Services, including by adding or removing Child Users to or from the Account, by updating information through the Parent Section of the Services. In addition, Adult Users may contact us at any time as described in Section 11 (Contact Us) below to request that we provide for their review, or delete from our records, any PII they have provided about Child Users associated with their Accounts, or to cease collecting PII from those Child Users, as applicable. Please keep in mind that a request to delete a User’s PII may lead to cancellation of your Account or the inability to use the Services or certain portions of the Services.
At any time, Adult Users may cancel their Account(s) through the Parent Section of the Services. For Accounts that have been canceled, if the account remains inactive for 24 months, we will delete all PII in our active databases associated with the account (Account Information). The 24 months is provided so that you have the ability, following cancellation of an Account or inactivity, to reactivate your Account and potentially recover previous information and resume where the Child User left off. However, we provide no guarantee, and shall have no liability or obligation to ensure that all Account Information and Services-related progress will be available or accessible or all learning or personalization features will be able to be recovered or resumed. If a User requests that PII be deleted prior to the end of the 24-month period of inactivity, we will take commercially reasonable steps to satisfy that request.
Upon Account cancellation, de-identified Adult and Child User information may nonetheless persist internally in our archive files or similar databases and may still be used, on a de-identified basis, for our internal support, administrative, and record-keeping purposes including, but not limited to, allowing us to improve the Services and other services we provide through research, evaluation, and analytics as permissible by applicable law.
In certain sections of the Services, we may include links to external websites or applications (for example, Facebook and Twitter). These websites and applications are governed by their own privacy policies or information collection practices, which may be substantially different from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and information collection practices of any external websites and apps, as those parties’ practices would not be subject to this policy.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States. Your information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including the United States, which may have data protection laws that are different from those of your country. In addition, your information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement officials in countries where it may be processed, under the laws of those countries.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we employ physical, technical, and administrative security measures designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. We use industry-standard SSL (secure socket layer technology) encryption to transfer PII. Other security safeguards include, but are not limited to, data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to buildings and files.
Account holders create a password in the registration process. You can help protect against unauthorized access to your Account and PII by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your Account. At registration, we assign a Member ID to each Account and use those Member IDs to authenticate logins, allow access to the subscription content, and monitor compliance. The Member ID is also used to authenticate Users when requesting technical support. Access to PII is limited (through user/password credentials and two-factor authentication) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions.
Please be aware, however, that no information system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the internet and wireless networks. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is not secure, please contact us as described in Section 11 (Contact Us) below.
Age of Learning, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
P.O. Box 230
Glendale, CA 91209
Telephone Number: 1-800-633-3331
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org